Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get smart playlists to sort 3 same days shows in order?

A radio show that I want to listen to is not broadcast in my market. So I must rely on the podcasts to hear it.

The national radio show airs once a week and is three hours long. Some markets don’t carry all three hours so each hours is produced as a separate podcast. The first hours is Part A, then Part B, Then Part C.

I can get my Smart Playlist to sort the days from oldest to newest but the shows don’t come up in order of oldest Part A, to Newest Part C.

I have tried every rule that I think might work but no go.

What playlist rule am I missing? Or is this an issue with how they are producing, labeling the podcast they publish?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

SteveUser uploaded file

Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 3:18 PM

It is my understanding that the order of appearances according to time indexes is dependant on the information being input properly. You can right click the podcast and select get info to modify this information yourself, but as it is incoming to you it may or may not be in proper chronological order on a per diem basis. It may be that by default they are displaying the time index from when the podcast was produced or finalized, which could cause them to come out of sequence due to who and when they were worked on.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2013 3:18 PM in response to SWRusk

It is my understanding that the order of appearances according to time indexes is dependant on the information being input properly. You can right click the podcast and select get info to modify this information yourself, but as it is incoming to you it may or may not be in proper chronological order on a per diem basis. It may be that by default they are displaying the time index from when the podcast was produced or finalized, which could cause them to come out of sequence due to who and when they were worked on.

Jul 21, 2013 3:29 PM in response to Draeon

Draeon,

This one is also stupid simple to fix.

I was looking around there and found an answer to simular issue.

When you go into the playlist window, then click on a play list. You will see a list of headings for the columns.

All you have to do is click on the header to have it sort by what you want. So I just clicked for it to sorty by name A to Z. I could also sort by "Time" from shortest to longest. or "Year", or etc....

How do I get smart playlists to sort 3 same days shows in order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.