Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Custom avatar?

So this is probably a stupid question, but having signed up for Apple Support Communities yesterday, I added a profile picture and would also like to add an avatar, but the only avatars available are various official apple images. I have however seen people with custom avatars and so assume it must be possible – I just can't find where.

Thanks in advance 🙂

EDIT: so apparently I should've used search or something, because it came up with suggested similar topics and it appears to be a reputation-based privilege. Problem solved haha

Posted on

Page content loaded

Jul 21, 2013 3:00 PM in response to JasperMB In response to JasperMB

That's correct. You need to get to level 3 - 500 points: 50 'solved' or 100 'helpful' or a combination thereof. Welcome to the forums: I hope you enjoy answering peoples questions and hopefully gaining points (and karma) by helping them.

Jul 21, 2013 3:00 PM

Reply Helpful (4)

Oct 20, 2013 12:54 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1 In response to Roger Wilmut1

So if I understand this adding a profile picture doesn't do anything unless you are an expert on here (obviously I'm not). I do appreciate the experts and guess I learned how to add a profile picture. 🙂 So I should assume my profile picture will not appear anywhere and I should delete it from my account?

Oct 20, 2013 12:54 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 20, 2013 12:59 PM in response to Tyrkitty In response to Tyrkitty

Your picture (the blue collar suits you) appears in your profile which anyone who cares to look there can see; but as we've discussed you will have to wait until you've amassed the requisite points; then you will be able to choose an avatar, which could be your picture.

Oct 20, 2013 12:59 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Oct 20, 2013 5:03 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1 In response to Roger Wilmut1

Roger Wilmut 1 - Thanks for your light hearted response (my blue collar) - you definitely answered my question. I guess maybe I shouldn't have asked another question on this thread, but I know you are supposed to search before posting a new question about the same thing. Guess there is no way to give you points for answering me.

Oct 20, 2013 5:03 PM

Reply Helpful

Jul 8, 2016 2:41 PM in response to lionwoman7 In response to lionwoman7

They do. You get extra points to those awarded by users, if Apple Recommends your post. They'll usually recommend easy to read, and topical answers. Though sometimes they can recommend posts that have little to do with the question at hand.

Jul 8, 2016 2:41 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: JasperMB

Question: Custom avatar?