Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

frogot the pascode for guided access

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 4:24 PM

19 replies

Jul 21, 2013 4:43 PM in response to roaminggnome

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5509

Use Guided Access to:

• Temporarily restrict your iOS device to a particular app
  • Disable areas of the screen that aren’t relevant to a task, or areas where an accidental gesture might cause a distraction
  • Disable the hardware buttons

Try a 'reboot' (Hold the Sleep/Wake & Home button down simultaneously for about 10 seconds)

Jul 21, 2013 4:48 PM in response to modular747

I used the term 'reboot' instead of 'reset', because most novice users understand that more clearly.

And there is a passcode associated with Guided Access.

Tap Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access to set up Guided Access. From there you can:

• Turn Guided Access on or off
  • Set a passcode that controls the use of Guided Access and prevents someone from leaving an active session
  • Set whether the device can go to sleep during a session

Jul 21, 2013 8:13 PM in response to deggie

I was thinking the same thing, since the only problem with the OP's was a few minor spelling errors, and then modular747 asked him to define 'guided access'.

Why do you need a definition for Guided Access if you know what Guided Access is? Add in the fact that modular747 incorrectly stated that 'there is absolutely no connection between a passcode and this feature', (especially after I provided a link to the article about Guided Access, and the OP's title included the same article number), and this leads me to believe that modular747 didn't know about this feature,a nd thought the OP was referring to something else... and then later tried to cover up.

But that's okay. Everyone makes mistakes, and no one's perfect. Let's just move on and learn from this. Hoepfully the OP was able to resolve the issue and will let us know.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.