Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nvidia Geforce GT120 (from Mac Pro 2008) compatible/works with xserve early 2008 (xServe 2,1)?

Hi all.

I'm saving money for buy an Xserve Early 2008 8-core from eBay (obiously in excelent condition) for my introduction to manage a server, hosting web or use like my own data base in my house for save and back-up all the information from my iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro or the Apple products or my family and posibly casual gaming (like Garry's Mod or any low GPU requeriment game, not like Skyrim), but I have a big question about this Server, the Geforce GT120 (the GPU of the Mac Pro 2008/2009) works perfectly without problems on the Xserve connected in one of the two PCI-e slots?

I'm asking because I have a Dell P2412H with DVI-D female port and I want to plug it when I bought it. I know that Xserve have an ATI Radeon X1300 (8-lane PCI Express w/ 64 MB GDDR3 SDRAM On board but I want to upgrade a better GPU.

the Geforce GT120 works fine without problems in Xserve 2008? If not works this GPU... An alternative GPU that works with Xserve 2008?... only supports one graphic card the Xserve?

I hope to upgrade it with an Geforce GT120 w/ 512mb (or 256 too) for plug my monitor and get a casual gaming 😕

Thanks

P.D. Sorry for my bad english, I'm training 😟

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 9:27 PM

1 reply

Nvidia Geforce GT120 (from Mac Pro 2008) compatible/works with xserve early 2008 (xServe 2,1)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.