Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes stole my purchased music

Long story short.... I bought +/- 300 songs on Itunes store over the last year and for some reason sometime I like to re-install a clean fresh Mac OS X (Always the latest one so now its 10.8.4)

Then I go back in itunes to re-download my purchased and I notice that there is only 59 song available in my purchased (its not an hide/unhide issue I try everything either if it was multiple Apple account ID issue but its not)

Of course I still have all my itunes store receipt that prove that I own them but there not in my purchased item, so not available for download again.

And since the people who fill out the .m4a file info like dumb (one exemple: Psycroptic is a Death Metal band listed as a Rock band, ****** me off) I re-write all the info correctly and back them up in my Dropbox where I know it's safe (so far) and easy to manage to download.

For Now I've stop buying music on the itunes store even if I have all my backup receipt and file in dropbox I want to see all my purchased available in my itune store account even if i'll never download them again.

So this is it, buying music is on hold for me until someone fix that problem and I know i'm not the only one i've read a few post about that without getting a proper answer.

Thanks for your time.

Clarence

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 10:49 PM

and for some reason sometime I like to re-install a clean fresh Mac OS X

"for some reason"? You don't know why you do this?

Easiest way is to simply restore from the backup you made before you did a clean, fresh install.

And since the people who fill out the .m4a file info like dumb (one exemple: Psycroptic is a Death Metal band listed as a Rock band, ****** me off)

That would the band's label.

iTunes does not have a death metal genre so the band's label fits it where as they see apporpriate.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2013 10:49 PM in response to OSXGuitarZ

and for some reason sometime I like to re-install a clean fresh Mac OS X

"for some reason"? You don't know why you do this?

Easiest way is to simply restore from the backup you made before you did a clean, fresh install.

And since the people who fill out the .m4a file info like dumb (one exemple: Psycroptic is a Death Metal band listed as a Rock band, ****** me off)

That would the band's label.

iTunes does not have a death metal genre so the band's label fits it where as they see apporpriate.

Jul 21, 2013 11:51 PM in response to OSXGuitarZ

The iTunes in the Cloud re-download service is not a backup service and Apple does not advertise it as such, nor should you rely on it to be a backup. If the copyright owner, which is not Apple, decides to ever remove an item from the iTunes Store for any reason then you lose the ability to re-download from your purchase history. It doesn't matter if the original items you purchased are replaced with the same thing, the items are still different. This is why it is your responsibility to backup your purchases.

OSXGuitarZ wrote:

I want to see all my purchased available in my itune store account even if i'll never download them again.

You'll be waiting a long time, then. You say you've got a backup of your music on Dropbox, so what's the problem?

Itunes stole my purchased music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.