Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IDVD Audio "feedback"

I am placing a slideshow from Aperture onto a dvd using iDVD, both current versions. I have no problem burning the DVD. The only problem I have is after I burn it the first song in the slideshow has some audio "feedback". Almost as if there is too much bass on the tv. No other song on the slideshow has this problem. It happens on multiple TVs. It even happens on my computer when played but I do not get the feedback when the original slideshow is played on aperture or even in the edditing process of iDVD. It only happens after the burning of the disc. Any suggestions as to what I can do. I have already tried twice and got the same results. Thanks.

iDVD '08, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 1:44 PM

Hello Samhail,

I've not heard of this problem previously. Thinking generally, you may want to convert that song to a different format before using it in the slideshow -- my thought is that most audio has to be converted during the iDVD encoding process and perhaps that song and format doesn't convert well.

To adjust the song, you can change the file format and/or adjust the bass level. You may be able to do both of these in Aperture (eg, http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual/index.html#chapter=21%26se ction=4%26tasks=true). Or you may need to use other software before you use the song in Aperture (Quicktime Pro, Peak, Cacophony, etc.).

John

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2013 1:44 PM in response to Samhail

Hello Samhail,

I've not heard of this problem previously. Thinking generally, you may want to convert that song to a different format before using it in the slideshow -- my thought is that most audio has to be converted during the iDVD encoding process and perhaps that song and format doesn't convert well.

To adjust the song, you can change the file format and/or adjust the bass level. You may be able to do both of these in Aperture (eg, http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual/index.html#chapter=21%26se ction=4%26tasks=true). Or you may need to use other software before you use the song in Aperture (Quicktime Pro, Peak, Cacophony, etc.).

John

Jul 23, 2013 3:43 PM in response to Samhail

J Keller has a good suggestion in converting the format of the tracks used. The free Audacity audio appliclation can convert themn to AIFF and save as a new file on the desktop where you can add them into iDVD. That may well solve the problem.

Follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

OT

IDVD Audio "feedback"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.