Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pros Not waking up properly even after clean re-install

I just bought a used 17" Quad core MBP with 16gb of ram. I installed a samsung 512gb 840 Pro series SSD, transferred all my info from my old dual core i7 17" MBP. So both are 10.8.4.

The new MBP started not waking up from sleep. The keyboard would like up and the light in the front would indicate that it has started, but then it doesn't show anything on the screen.

Ultimately, I decided, i'll just do a clean re-install of OS 10.8 because maybe something went wrong in the migration. Now, with a fresh install when i wake it from sleep it seems to open as if it ran out of power and is doing a restore power up. The screen opens at half opacity and I get some progress dots and its back quickly. But it's still strange. The only thing installed on the computer at all is adobe production suite.

Odd thing is, that the OLD computer, the DUAL core i7 17" MBP is also not waking up from sleep properly now. It also has a new 128gb SSD drive It BTW. It doesn't fully wake up, so I have to hold down the power button, shut it down then turn it back on again. And again it does a recovery startup.

so now I have TWO computers having almost the same issues, and one of them has a fresh install. So what could the problem be? totally diffferent hardware. Does 10.8 not like SSD's in 17" MBP's?

any tips would be apreciated.

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 9:06 PM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pros Not waking up properly even after clean re-install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.