Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to speed up macbook

Is there a way to speed up my laptop? Sometimes when I'm on the internet it gets really slow.I just upgraded to a new 250 GB hardrive (I have an old 2008 laptop) and I'm only using about 26 GB of space so far. Sometimes it seems like any website I'm on just takes forever to load and I want to know if there's a way to improve the speed of my computer.

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 9:17 PM

3 replies

Jul 24, 2013 12:32 PM in response to nessie33

hey nessie33. so harddrive space is not actually going to speed up your interent connection, that is going to all rely on how fast the connection your are on is. for example, public places like libraries and mcdonalds may have slower connection than an office building, its all going to depend on what that tenent is paying the ISP (or Internet Service Prodiver). if you are using the internet at your home or residence, try speaking with your ISP and learn what speeds you are paying for.

how to speed up macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.