Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible for an itouch5 to get hacked?

I was connected to a wifi and then left my Itouch in front of me and left my blog running. No one touched it during that time. When I looked at it to check the time, my blog was trying to post something by itself and i could not use the assistive touch because it was as if someone else was using the itouch. I pressed the home button and then my apps started opening by themselves and then started shaking as if someone wanted to delete or move these apps. Then my music opened by itself. I clicked on settings and saw that my wifi connection had changed to another connection which was password protected. I immediately turned my touch off. When i opened it again, things were back to normal. But then I don't lnow what happened because people say that it's impossible for an itouch to get hacked. And now I'm scared because I don't know if whoever was responsible for this was able to get information and passwords from my itouch. I'm the only one who uses my itouch.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 3:55 AM

6 replies

Nov 8, 2013 12:52 AM in response to Dotss

If it is an old iPod, check my earlier post about the battery. The battery may be at the end of its life.

If it is not the battery it may have been an unexpected quant from outer space: do the reset by holding the Power and Home buttons at the same time for about 15 secs until you see the white apple logo appear, then let it start again (you can do that once in a while even without having problems, it "cleans" everything).

I am sure that a hack as you describe is impossible.

The "hack" that xxmonkeyxxx describes seen on Youtube is probably a break-in in the iOS, after which you can do things that are not allowed in iOS, it "bricks" your iDevice. I am trying to avoid the word because it will terminate this thread...

Is it possible for an itouch5 to get hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.