Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iMac repeating the PRAM reset constantly?

I have been having boot problems on my iMac 27' 2011 for wite some time and I have tried to 'zap the PRAM' when the reset cycle is complete, the mac powers down and when I try to boot it back up it is starting the PRAM zapping cycle again. I need help urgently as I ned o get things complete on the mac ASAP

THANKS

DAFYDD

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 3:48 AM

Try this. Open Terminal in Applications>Utilities. Copy/paste only the following and hit return.

sudo nvram boot-args=""

To run this command you will be asked for your admin password, which won't appear in any form when you enter it. Hit return again. You will also be given a warning about using sudo (root privileges.) Keep going.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2013 3:48 AM in response to dsj123

Try this. Open Terminal in Applications>Utilities. Copy/paste only the following and hit return.

sudo nvram boot-args=""

To run this command you will be asked for your admin password, which won't appear in any form when you enter it. Hit return again. You will also be given a warning about using sudo (root privileges.) Keep going.

Why is my iMac repeating the PRAM reset constantly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.