Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP Retina 2012 15" LG display

Ok we all know about this LG Image retention problem I know I got one.

My question is, when I will go for a replacement (I have Applecare) can I make sure they replace the LG by Samsung?

Otherwise I will probebly have to return it again and again until they put a samsung in.

Since I'm buying Apple computer the only one who never "really" had problem was my Dual G4 Tower back in 2000

1996 - PPC 7200 Power supply faillure less than a year

2000 - G4 dual 450 work 13 years before the HD died

2005 - iMac G5 Power Supply Failled and Screen Replacement (Image persistance) and then graphic card died

2009 - iMac Intel 24" Screen Fail (Image persistance) 3 times replacement no joke (now "stable" I gave it to my dad)

2012 - MacbookPro Retina ( My first one was brand new in the box but already used when I boot it it was running developper apps screen test and the HD were created 4 month before everyone ever knew Macbook retina will exist the store manager never saw that lol he replace it without question)

2012 - MacbookPro Retina 2nd one got the LG Panel and after a week using it i knew i had a bad screen but wait until others talk about the subject.

So it's been a year using this MBPR image persistance is getting worst every week.

It's my only computer I don't know how long it take for replacement but I will have to go soon.

Clarence

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 10:15 PM

1 reply

Jul 21, 2013 10:36 PM in response to OSXGuitarZ

You can tell to the Genius if they can install a Samsung display instead of a LG display, but this will depend on the screens they have at the Apple Retail Store. If they have Samsung displays, they will install a Samsung display, and if they have a LG display, they will install a LG display. Anyway, it's worth asking it to the Genius, but looking at all the problems with LG displays, it's quite possible that they install a Samsung display

MBP Retina 2012 15" LG display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.