Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Education Pricing for MacBook Air and AppleCare

Hi guys,

I was ready to buy my new MacBook Air plus Applecare that would've cost me 1729 dollars on B&H, when i was informed from a friend that if you are a student, you can use education pricing.

So i used education pricing and the total for my MacBook and Applecare was 1662 dollars, which saves me 67 dollars. And apple said they'll give me a app store gift card worth a value of 100 dollars, so im bascially buying it for 1552 dollars. That saves me 167 dollars which is a lot for a student.

Anyways, Apple says education pricing is only eligible to college students or students entering college, but i am going to be a high school senior next year. Nothing related with college. But my friend bought his Air when he was a sophomore with education pricing.

Can you still apply education pricing for any student? I was able to find my school using education pricing, so i guess my school's ok with that.

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 11:19 PM

3 replies

Jul 21, 2013 11:23 PM in response to andy1cool

If your school appears as valid for education pricing, you should be able to get the free iTunes card. However, note that you can only get the free iTunes card if you purchased the Mac at the Apple Online Store for Education, an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorized Campus Store.

If you have purchased your Mac at any other shop, you can't get the card as stated here > http://store.apple.com/us/browse/campaigns/back_to_school

Education Pricing for MacBook Air and AppleCare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.