Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time machine had an error when I tried to backup the system to WD my passport HD OS leopard

I just bought a new WD My Passport HD 2 TB to backup my mac. I pluged it in and the system recognized the HD. Then, time machine asked me if I wanted to backuo my mac to this HD. I chose yes. As soon as the backup process started time machine had and error saying access denied or something I cant remember. Anyways, now I cant see my WD HD in the desktop or in desk utility I tried evereything I tried to restart the system and unplug and plug the HD without any luck. A little help plz. thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 1:47 AM

8 replies

Jul 22, 2013 5:04 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes, it does. I tried to plug it on windows OS using my friend's laptop too. I found the device in storage and I tried to format it but without luck. After that, I plugged it back to my mac it was only visible in Disk Utility. So, I tried to format it. I got the same error and the HD is not visible except in about this mac.

Time machine had an error when I tried to backup the system to WD my passport HD OS leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.