Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone vibrating in my ear during a call

Hey a new iPhone 5 user coming from HTC. What's up with the phone vibrating in the users ear during a call?

None of my mobile phones since the late 90s done this. I'm only after a call where I got 4 texts in a row while trying to talk to someone, it is quite disorientating to say the least!

Please help! Is there a way to turn this off??

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2017 12:04 AM

Hi, it's me. From the future. Them idiots at Apple still haven't fixed this. Rediculous. I hate to get my skull rattled everytime I receive a text while on the phone.

How is this iPhone thing supposed to be a 'smart'phone? It's rediculous..

10 replies

Jul 22, 2013 7:25 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Okay I understand what you are saying and I think it is a suitable workaround you have. Although I am reluctant to remove the vibrate on silent feature because I use it many times daily. It also adds unnecessary stuff I have to do just to answer a call. Especially when virtually every phone manufacturer has vibrate turned off during a call since the proliferation of mobile phones.

Would it be possible to submit a formal change request to apple like google has for android? I'm sure many loyal users would stand by this feature request.

Jul 22, 2013 8:34 AM in response to magarvo

magarvo wrote:

Thank you.

You apple fan boys need to be more critical of the company you're loyal to.

We give you advice and you get snarky? No one here but you has expressed any opinions one way or the other about Apple or their policies. This is a technical support forum. Except in a very limited way, discussion of Apple's policies or decisions is not permitted.

Aug 9, 2013 8:42 AM in response to paulcb

But you didn't help. A fanboy is someone that likes and supports something such as a product without questioning it. Such as yourself. I suppose that I'm not entitled to question why my phone vibrates in my ear during a call. This phone is such a disappointment, definitely does not live up to the hype whatsoever! :(

Aug 9, 2013 9:59 AM in response to magarvo

magarvo wrote:

A fanboy is someone that likes and supports something such as a product without questioning it. Such as yourself.

You still don't know if anyone here criticizes or questions Apple. We chose to use this venue appropriately and answer the questions to the best of our availability. We do not have the ability to change the way the iPhone works or make Apple change it. I'm not sure what would have constituted "help" in your mind. Neither Paul nor I gave any opinions about the Apple or how the phone works. You made assumptions based on the fact that we didn't jump on your bandwagon.

If you do not like the iPhone, you should get a different phone. There are lots out there. The Samsung Galaxy S4 has some very interesting features

Best of luck.

iPhone vibrating in my ear during a call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.