Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPad 2 drain fast on certain battery percentage during stand by.

Hello community,

Hope you can help.

My iPad 2 works fine however I noticed when I put it on stand by on 30% it drains to 20% in a very short amount of time, this joy happens between the 30 to 20 percent stand by drain.

Can someone help please.

Thank u

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 5:48 AM

3 replies

Jul 24, 2013 9:18 AM in response to avk111

Hi there avk111!

I have some articles here that will provide some information about batteries in our iOS devices. These will help you understand a little more about your battery and the way the operating system reports the battery's status. These articles are mostly referencing the batteries installed in iPods instead of iPads, but the advice and information is still relevant to the iPad. The first article I can provide can be found here, and is an FAQ about batteries:

iPod battery frequently asked questions (FAQ)

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA26689

There is also an article that can help you extend your battery life in your iOS device, and can be found here:

iPod: How to extend battery life

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1726

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

-Braden

Jul 25, 2013 8:03 AM in response to braden85

Hi Braden

Thanks for your answer,

However it was a simple FAQ and it didnt quite help me find the solution I'm looking for.

My problem is that my ipad drains 10 percent from 30 to 20 percent on stand by very quickly ,

If I keep my ipad on stand by at 40 percent it stays on 40 percent however keeping it on stand by on 30 percent it automatically reduces to 20 percent within an hour or so.

For some reason it's fixated on that.

Thanks

Why does my iPad 2 drain fast on certain battery percentage during stand by.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.