Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is a good mouse for my macbook pro?

Hi, I recently bought a macbook pro retina (first time mac user) and I found that the trackpad cramped my hand after awhile. So, yesterday I picked up a magic mouse! Unfortunately I am not very happy with it. It doesn't feel comfortable or as easy to use as a traditional mouse. I must admit though, it's one of the nicest looking mice I've seen in my days! Anyway, I am going to be returning it but I don't know what to get after that. I was thinking about trying the wireless mighty mouse but I think that has a touch factor to it like the mighty mouse. Maybe not I'm not really sure. So what mouse would you fine people recommend? I am looking for something wireless (preferably bluetooth) with two side buttons if possible for back and forward. I want something that matches like the magic mouse but I don't think that will really happen. Leave me suggestions guys :-)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 10:08 AM

11 replies

Sep 25, 2017 4:59 AM in response to MichaelZie

I vote for the Logitech M325 mouse.

I have been using the Logitech M305 mouse for a few years and love it. It has been replaced by the M325.

When I upgraded my MacBook Pro from a 2011 to a 2017 I initially was going to get a magic mouse 2, but thought I would try using the logitech mouse with it for a while, as I have a USB adapter which has 3 USB ports anyway.

So the wireless dongle goes into the USB adapter / hub and has been working great.

Maybe 1 day I still may get a magic mouse 2, but right now the Logitech M325 mouse is on sale at Bestbuy for $15.00.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/logitech-logitech-m325-wireless-optical-mou se-red-910-002651/10403252.aspx?

Kim

Jul 22, 2013 10:13 AM in response to MichaelZie

You may want to try the BT trackpad. Battery hungry, but more room than MBP trackpad.

Mice are tricky, which is why there are so many different shapes available. It is what fits your hand, in my opinion, and that will take trial and error unless you stand at the Best Buy mouse display for a while and try them.

The trick with most wirless mice is that they run at 2.4 GHz, same as most wireless networks, which will compete with 2.4 GHz wirless routers. 5 GHz wireless networks can solve that by running in a different badnwidth.

Jul 22, 2013 3:06 PM in response to MichaelZie

Logictech M325

Comfortable laser mouse, the smoothest scroll wheel I've ever used, a real two button, scroll wheel is also a button to enable panning, the sides are cushy and angled slightly so it's easier to pick up.

It's contoured to fit the hand better.

A small USB nib stays in a USB port, just leave it in there so it's great for laptops.

The single mouse AA battery lasts up to 18 months on a single battery!!!

Comes in many colors and styles, including black, so it don't show the dirt as bad.

It's also rather tough, I drop mine a few times a week and it's held up for the last few years just fine.

Absolutely the best mouse for the price I've ever used so far.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-mouse-m325

Apple has long ago thrown out ergonomics and human comfort by coming out with trackpads, glossy screens, touchscreens, and mice that just don't work well to match the human user.

Fashionable takes place over comfort and ease of use with Apple, sort of like high heel shoes or neckties.

Feb 26, 2015 10:14 AM in response to ds store

I've had 3 Microsoft wireless (mice) in the last year for my Macbook Pro. 2 Logitech (including the 325) and one GearHead (currently). They all quit workng after just a few weeks.

I don't want to spend the money to get an Apple mouse ... especially after reading about how uncomfortable they can be.

Any thoughts about why mine quit working? I have gotten one at Target (Logitech) and the other two at Walmart. Is it a vendor issue?

Thoughts?

What is a good mouse for my macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.