Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with compatibility, Lion, Leopard, Pro Tools reinstall

Geetings,

I upgraded to Lion but now my Pro-Tools 8.03 LE m-powered, isnt compatible. I have a Macbook 2009 4 gig ram, duo intel which is now Lion. and Mbox 2 mini

So I partitioned an external drive with Snow Leopard, but now my Pro-Tools DVD installer isnt reading, nothing happens, so I cant do a clean install.

I cannot move the pro-tools files over to the new drive either. Does anyone know how I can get my Protools working on the external drive/Snow Leopard?

I cant afford to upgrade Pro-Tools. Digidesign/Avid is angering alot of people lately with all of this confusion. Its my fault for not looking into it before I upgraded.

Thanks much

MacBook, upgrading macbook 10.5.8 to current

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 9:24 AM

1 reply

Jul 22, 2013 11:58 AM in response to jasonpfaff23

I understand that to be a hardware/software combination that is probably written in PowerPC so it needs Rosetta to work on an Intel Mac.

Installing Snow Leopard (with the OPTIONAL installation of Rosetta TURNED ON - redo this if you did not optionally install Rosetta) should work to allow you the "dual-boot" of running Snow Leopard when you need access to ProTools 8 LE and Mbox 2 mini.

Be sure to attempt to install this software into your external drive while Snow Leopard is the operating version of OS X.

Issues with compatibility, Lion, Leopard, Pro Tools reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.