Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need elliptical or round crop option.

Is there an app that has a round, or elliptical cropping option? Does anyone know of any free editors that have these options? I've always used Picasa and have many images where I used this cropping template yet the Picasa Users all insist I am mistaken and say that Picasa never had that option. Since it is the only program I have ever used I'm still baffled by how I cropped the hundreds of thumbnails with rounded edges still in files on my iMac? Seems like a simple add in if only I knew how, thought someone here might know of another option, or know how to customize iPhoto by adding these templates as an alternate cropping option. Thanks!😕

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Safari shows version 5.0

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 12:12 PM

3 replies

Jul 22, 2013 12:30 PM in response to suziefrompalm desert

There a bunch of free image editing programs out there, but I cannot vouch for any of them:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelbased/tp/freephotoedm.htm

This much I can say: don't get the term "crop" and "frame" mixed up. Images (files) can only be "cropped" in a rectangular format. You can "frame" or "clip" an image into a elliptical (or actually any shape) object place holder with such programs as those from Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator and inDesign. These will "hide" the rest of the image behind your "frame", but the actually rectagular image will actually still be there.

Need elliptical or round crop option.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.