Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restoring inbox from time machine

It appears that while trying to empty my email trash folder, I might have deleted my entire iCloud inbox. I say it appears, because I have access to my inbox on my iPhone, iPad, and on iCloud.com. However, the inbox on my iMac appeared to be empty. No problem, I thought. I decided to restore the imbox from my latest Time Machine backup. I went to Time Machine, hit restore, selected the latest backup, and presto - I thought I was all set. In my Mail window, I have a "Restoring Mailbox INBOX" box frozen on my screen. I cannot seem to do anything. I suspect I can just force quit the mail application, restart, and my emails will be there. However, I'd like some confirmation/moral support.

OS X Version 10.8.4. 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7.

Mail Version 6.5 (1508)

Ideas?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 2:11 PM

5 replies

Jul 22, 2013 5:54 PM in response to Linc Davis

There IS still a mailbox named "iCloud" under Inbox, but it doesn't have an exclamation point next to it. It has a 3 next to it, as if I have 3 unread messages.

So, if I don't need to restore from backup, should I just force-quit mail and restart it? And am I correct that I would expect all my iCloud mail to show up? Right now, I can't do anything with the Mail app - meaning I can't look at any other mailbox. No matter what, I need to kill this app.

restoring inbox from time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.