Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recording unexpectedly stopped

I was recording the first part of the Ring Cycle from the Proms this evening, from my radio tuner via a Belkin RCA Audio Cable into the 'audio in' port.

I selected a 'basic track' and set the tempo to 80 bpm. The broadcast was 2½ hrs long, and I understood 80 bpm should give me somewhere between 5½ hrs and 11 hrs, which should have been more than enough time.

However, about 2 hrs into the recording it suddenly stopped with a message something to the effect that the file capacity of 2GB had been exceeded.

But when I clicked the 'record' button again, it nevertheless continued to record.

The next opera in the Cycle is tomorrow afternoon. If someone could present a solution before then, I would be extremely grateful !

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 2:27 PM

1 reply

recording unexpectedly stopped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.