Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I buy Snow Leopard Server?

Hi,

I need to find Snow Leopard Server to install Freehand in a new iMac 27" with Mountain Lion on Parallels 8.

I've seen SL Server in SMARTSHOP: http://enqurrvbpoii.lowcostoem.com/browse/search/?q=SNOW+LEOPARD+SERVER in an OEM download version to $79,95

Is it a reliable site?. Do you know a better site for this?

Many thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 3:20 PM

11 replies

Jul 23, 2013 3:06 AM in response to angel17

You should have few problems installing Freehand MX and Snow Leopard Server in Parallels 8. Remember to download the Snow Leopard patch from the Adobe website:

http://helpx.adobe.com/freehand/kb/cant-launch-freehand-mx-mac.html

Parallels has a 14 day free trial for download:

http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

Please post (or provide the information for me to post) on the MacRumors thread how to call The Apple Store in Spain and any other additional information that would assist other users in Spain that need Snow Leopard Server.

GOOD LUCK!

Jul 24, 2013 9:30 AM in response to MlchaelLAX

A technician who works with Apple products, but does not belong to Apple, tells me that installing Snow Leopard Server in a latest 27" iMac "is not valid nor recommended".

If possible, I'd like to know your opinion on that comment.

By the way, this is the info to get Snow Leopard Server in Spain:

Guillermo Blanco SentĂ­s

Euro Mac Expert Apple España

Tel. 900 811 176 Ext 86118

gblancosentis@apple.com

Thanks and regards,

Jul 24, 2013 9:59 AM in response to angel17

angel17 wrote:

A technician who works with Apple products, but does not belong to Apple, tells me that installing Snow Leopard Server in a latest 27" iMac "is not valid nor recommended".

What question did you ask of this technician?

Yes, you cannot install Snow Leopard Server on the latest 27" iMac; but that is not the pertinant question for our discussion.

You can install Parallels 8 on the latest 27" iMac and then install Snow Leopard Server into Parallels! That is the whole point of virtualization (at least in this instance)!

Thank you for the source information for obtaining SLS in Spain. I've posted it over at my thread on MacRumors.

Jul 24, 2013 2:53 PM in response to MlchaelLAX

Michael,

In a mail I told him to the technician that installation should be done by Parallels and Snow Leopard Server. For that reason, surprised me his answer.

I know that can have problems during installation, but is enough for me to know that is possible of making the installation successfully.

I'll try it.

Many thanks and greetings.

Aug 2, 2013 2:19 AM in response to MlchaelLAX

Hi Michael,

Finally I've installed Freehand into Silver Lion (your tutorial is fantastic!), but on Snow Leopard Server, Preview doesn't show images, only pdf. With images, window Preview appears white always.

Any idea?

By the way, you have a new friend in Spain. If you need something from me or my country, let me know, please.

This is my email: rueda.angel@gmail.com

Greets,

Angel Rueda

Where can I buy Snow Leopard Server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.