You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete C:program files (x86)/common files/apple

How do I delete C:program files (x86)/common files/apple ?

There is a prompt which says that the folder or file is in use in another program.

I am trying to uninstall all Apple progams as suggested by apple support because iTunes won't communicate with my iPod

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 4:53 PM

2 replies

Jul 24, 2013 12:22 PM in response to RooDogg

Hello RooDogg,

Thanks for the question. It sounds like there may be a program or service still running that is utilizing this folder. You can double check by making sure the 6 components are uninstalled from the Control Panel:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and then restart your computer:

1. iTunes

2. QuickTime

3. Apple Software Update

4. Apple Mobile Device Support

5. Bonjour

6. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

If the above are already uninstalled, restart your computer and then confirm that the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\ can be removed. If it cannot, follow the additional steps at the bottom of the article (referring to iPodService.exe).

Thanks,

Matt M.

How do I delete C:program files (x86)/common files/apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.