Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand 'audio resolution' in 'advanced' preferences

Further to my recent post re GarageBand suddenly quitting while recording a radio broadcast because 'file had exceeded 2GB limit' (or something to that effect), even though I had set it to 80 bpm which should have given me over 5hrs of recording time : nevertheless it carried on recording when I clicked the record button again.

I had selected 'Best' from the Audio Resolution drop-down menu in the GarageBand Preferences tab. Would this have any influence ? I do want the best recording I can get, to burn to CD. Is it necessary to select Audio Resolution before recording, or is it something that can be selected after recording ?

The next part of the Ring Cycle I am recording is this afternoon, so would be grateful for any solution that would prevent GarageBand unexpectedly quitting again, before then !

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 4:04 AM

There are no replies.

GarageBand 'audio resolution' in 'advanced' preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.