Skip navigation

GarageBand 'audio resolution' in 'advanced' preferences

246 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 4:04 AM by ringnib RSS
ringnib Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 23, 2013 4:04 AM

Further to my recent post re GarageBand suddenly quitting while recording a radio broadcast because 'file had exceeded 2GB limit' (or something to that effect), even though I had set it to 80 bpm which should have given me over 5hrs of recording time : nevertheless it carried on recording when I clicked the record button again.

I had selected 'Best' from the Audio Resolution drop-down menu in the GarageBand Preferences tab. Would this have any influence ? I do want the best recording I can get, to burn to CD. Is it necessary to select Audio Resolution before recording, or is it something that can be selected after recording ?

The next part of the Ring Cycle I am recording is this afternoon, so would be grateful for any solution that would prevent GarageBand unexpectedly quitting again, before then !

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.