Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder crashes when accessing one folder(in ext HD)

Hi, so brief background: I'm on a Macbook Pro running on Lion. And i'm sorry if this is a duplicate question but I can't seem to find a similar question to this.

So whenever I try to access just one folder in my ext. hard drive, Finder crashes. For all the other folders, it works fine, but let's say when I want to access the folder Shows, Finder crashes the moment I try to open the folder. I have tried opening the folder from a different laptop and the same thing happens. I have also tried using Disk Utility but it doesn't detect any problems.

Possibly, this was caused when my laptop hung after trying to trash some files while my HD was still connected, so I had to force a restart. So I'm guessing this is some sort of corrupted folder? If so, is there any way to repair the folder or at least retrieve the files I have in it?

Please help and thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 7:58 AM

There are no replies.

Finder crashes when accessing one folder(in ext HD)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.