Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small (<10 Images) "books" to be sent by email and viewed on computers

Hi. I'm looking for a way to send sets of photos in a handsome format to people who will view them on a computer. 2-8 Images in each set. Images are fully-adjusted in Aperture. Image size should be c. 800 x 1200 px. I can create a book in Aperture, save this as a PDF, and send it. Is there a better alternative with Aperture's own tools? With a plug-in?

I'm pretty handy with Aperture, but haven't explored Books or Web Albums.

Thanks in advance 🙂 .

--Kirby.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion, 16 GB RAM; 500 GB SSD; NEC; Munki

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 9:14 AM

2-8 Images in each set

Hi Kirby,

then an Aperture book will not help - the books need to have 20 pages at least. You will have to remove the empty pages.

I'd try to use iBook Author. It can also export the finished book as pdf, or make the book with keynote.

Or use the webpages or web journals. Then your friends/clients will only have to load the index page in their web browser and can browser the sets with all annotations. Only the basic themes are a bit boring. I installed Themes for Aperture to get a better design.

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2013 9:14 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

2-8 Images in each set

Hi Kirby,

then an Aperture book will not help - the books need to have 20 pages at least. You will have to remove the empty pages.

I'd try to use iBook Author. It can also export the finished book as pdf, or make the book with keynote.

Or use the webpages or web journals. Then your friends/clients will only have to load the index page in their web browser and can browser the sets with all annotations. Only the basic themes are a bit boring. I installed Themes for Aperture to get a better design.

Regards

Léonie

Small (<10 Images) "books" to be sent by email and viewed on computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.