Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merge two iCal files- Help

I have two Macs, a desktop and a Macbook air. The desktop had a problem which kept it off line for quite a while. It is now working. I wanted to merge several years worth of old iCal information onto my Macbook Air calendar, which has only recent and future appointments. I exported the deskto iCal information into a .icbu file. When I tried to import it into my Macbook Air calendar, I got a warning the the current info would be replaced.

Any ideas how to do a clean merger? There would be few, if any duplicate events.

Thanks

PowerBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 11:48 AM

1 reply

Jul 23, 2013 12:48 PM in response to Randy Cook

Randy,

Use Calendar>File>Export>Export...on the desired calendar. This will create a .ics file for the selected calendar.

Transfer the .ics file to your desired computer, double click the .ics file and follow the importing prompts. Make sure you import it into your existing calendar. As you indicated there will be duplicates, but it sounds like you will be able to manage and delete them without consequence.

These comments are made in consideration that you are NOT using iCloud.

User uploaded file

Merge two iCal files- Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.