Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some Keys on Right Side of Keyboard Suddenly Stopped Working?

Hi, so, this morning, my computer was working fine, but when I got home from work, the L, N, I, O, M, 8, 9, 0, right-hand Shift, Enter/Return, a few other keys are not working at all and when I press the Delete key, it deletes but also makes volume control appear on my screen. No keys on the left hand side are affected, my trackpad is functioning, so I'm not really sure why these keys are no longer working since I haven't dropped or spilled anything on my computer.

I'm not very technical, so I would really appreciate simple, straightforward directions to try and fix the problem!

MacBook-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2017 8:43 PM

You might have your Mouse Keys turned on. To test if they are off, press the Option key 5 times and if you see "Mouse Keys Off" your keys should work again. Itit says you just turned "Mouse Keys On", then press Option key 5 times again to shut them off. This just worked for me! Hope it helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2017 8:43 PM in response to Tea Girl

You might have your Mouse Keys turned on. To test if they are off, press the Option key 5 times and if you see "Mouse Keys Off" your keys should work again. Itit says you just turned "Mouse Keys On", then press Option key 5 times again to shut them off. This just worked for me! Hope it helps!

Some Keys on Right Side of Keyboard Suddenly Stopped Working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.