Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my appletv turns on then freezes and i cant access anything on it but the light is blinking

my apple tv appears to be working because the light blinks but i cant enable anything like neflix or itunes . it seems like my remote is not working however the light blinks when i press and point. Thanks!

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 11:45 AM

9 replies

Jul 25, 2013 12:40 PM in response to nbja1

Hello nbja1,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

Apple TV: Basic troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1551

If you can see a picture but Apple TV isn't responding

Note: If the Apple TV status light does not flash white when you press a remote button, the issue may be with the remote. In this case, go to the the "If the remote isn't working" section below.

1. Press and hold Menu on the Apple Remote to return to the Apple TV main menu.
  2. Reset Apple TV by unplugging it from the power outlet, waiting about five seconds, then plugging it in again or by pressing and holding Menu and down / scroll on your Apple remote.
  3. Power off your TV, wait five seconds, then power it back on.
  4. Make sure your TV is functioning correctly. See the documentation that came with your TV for more information.

Best of luck,

Mario

Mar 21, 2015 2:41 PM in response to mario49

HI. I had this trouble too. I have tried all of these things twice, but I still only get the white apple logo in the centre of the screen and a flashing stays light. When I pressed menu the light went out but nothing changed, when I pressed menu+scroll down it flashed rapidly but nothing changed on screen.

my appletv turns on then freezes and i cant access anything on it but the light is blinking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.