Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have lost my photos/videos when i imported from my ipad 2 to my new imac latest version and it's not reading the files. I have downloaded iMac library manager and can see them. can someone shed some light please ?

i have lost my photos/videos when i imported from my ipad 2 to my new imac latest version OS X 10.8.4

and it's not reading the files. I have downloaded iMac library manager and can see them. when i go back into iphoto i'm getting the following message :

Do you want to switch the current iPhoto Library from “iPhoto Library.photolibrary” to “iPhoto Library.photolibrary” and relaunch iPhoto?

I don't know what to do - please help !!!!

can someone shed some light please ?

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 1:27 PM

4 replies

Jul 24, 2013 3:14 AM in response to Old Toad

@old toad - thank you for your help, however when i press option key and launch iphoto the only library that comes up is iphoto library (default) i have downloaded iphoto library manager where i can see all my photos/videos which i uploaded from my ipad2 however when i try and transfer them to iphoto it is telling me that it cannot read the file.

do you know anything about iphoto library manager ? or can you help me with the following message ?

"Do you want to switch the current iPhoto Library from “iPhoto Library.photolibrary” to “iPhoto Library.photolibrary” and relaunch iPhoto?"

Jul 24, 2013 8:34 AM in response to frantab

So it appears you have only one library on the hard drive. Apply the two fixes below in order as needed to that library:

Fix #1

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.

User uploaded file

2 - run Option #4 to rebuild the database.

Fix #2

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

1 - download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.

2 - click on the Add Library button and select the library you want to add in the selection window..

3 - Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the Library ➙ Rebuild Library menu option.

4 - In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.

5 - Click on the Create button.

Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

i have lost my photos/videos when i imported from my ipad 2 to my new imac latest version and it's not reading the files. I have downloaded iMac library manager and can see them. can someone shed some light please ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.