Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme USB Printer Windows 8

Hello everyone,

I have an Airport Extreme. My HP P1006 printer is plugged directly into the Airport Extreme. My desktop PC running Windows 8 is also plugged into the Airport Extreme via ethernet cable. When I try to print to the HP P1006 it does not work. I have tried installing Bonjour Printer support to no avail, it usually crashes. I have a Macbook Pro and a Dell laptop running Windows 7 that both print remotely over the Wifi network. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Neel

Airport Extreme-OTHER, Windows 8, HP P1006 Printer

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 5:01 PM

3 replies

Jul 23, 2013 5:33 PM in response to alokagrawal

You need to keep working on installing bonjour as the print services are not going to work easily without it.

Have a go loading it in safe mode.. I am not sure.. but it is always worth trying.

Is the win8 computer setup for windows home group? That might cause issues. You might need to stop the home group, get the bonjour services installed and then try again with it. With or without homegroup working.

Network printer via the Extreme could be offered direct to the network. I am just not sure how to access it without bonjour.

Jul 23, 2013 5:51 PM in response to LaPastenague

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I had Bonjour installed and working on this machine, but at the time the service could not find my printer driver. Now that the driver has been released and installed the Bonjour program won't work. I'm not connected to a homegroup, I'm not sure why Bonjour doesn't open anymore. I'll try it again. I appreciate your prompt reply.

Neel

Airport Extreme USB Printer Windows 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.