Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete a mailbox?

I have a mailbox labeled VIPs. It has a star in front of it. I was successful in deleting a file inside it, but I can't delete the VIPs file itself. "VIPs" with a star in front is not what I would have labeled a mailbox, so I presume it has some special significance, but I don't care, I just want to delete it. How?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 4:05 PM

6 replies

Jul 23, 2013 4:45 PM in response to Barney-15E

Barney-15E,

Very strange. I saw this same answer here before I asked the question, but I didn't believe it. I still didn't believe it after reading your reply, so I went exploring. The only site I looked at (The Notification Center), said the same thing, and yet it seemed to offer a way of doing it. Then, to my surprise, I saw that it had disappeared from my mailboxes before I had had a chance of doing anything. It hasn't returned as of this sentence. Well, it's gone now, so I'll have to be satisfied.

Jul 23, 2013 5:21 PM in response to Barney-15E

Yes, I've noticed that with Outbox. The only thing about it that sometimes baffles me is that it's sometimes not there when I think it should be. Then, there are the things that suddenly disppear and can't be found despite intensive searches only to mysteriously return months later. I don't swear that stuff anymore, I just acept it.

Jan 15, 2014 1:47 PM in response to Niku

I have the same problem, all it does is duplicate a bunch of emails you sent and received. It is very confusing like the rest of Mail 7.1 that shows every email sent repetitily. If I delete some emails I don't want it showing up again in the VIP mail and then have to delete it again. What purpose does it serve except to add confusion.

How can I delete a mailbox?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.