Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage 3 forgetting audio inputs

Hi all

I have just upgraded to MS3 and am having problems with a couple of audio instruments. I use a MacBook Pro fully up to date, latest versions of all drivers, plugins etc and I am opening an MS2 patch in MS3 that has about 50 patches in it, mostly software instruments but quite a few also use 2 external modules that are also routed through MS. When I start the app it has apparently forgotten the input ports on my MOTU 828 mkIII. I reselect them save and all is working fine. Close the app, reopen it and all the inputs are forgotten again.

Tried doing a save as and calling it something different but no change.

Does anyone have any suggestion as its driving me nuts?

Cheers

Steve

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 2.3Ghz i7, 8Gb Ram

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 4:37 PM

7 replies

Aug 1, 2013 5:28 PM in response to asylumweb

I have the same problem. It seems that Mainstage has issues with external instruments.

It occurs when I change a patch within an existing concert. All existing patches revert to the default input. The new patch remembers its inputs.

The only way I have found of getting around it is to reload all of the patches into the concert from scratch or change each individual external instument input on each patch. Painful and frustrating.

Also Mainstage doesn't remember the icons in the channel strip for external instuments. While not as frustrating its still annoying.

If anybody has any helpful ideas they would be appreciated.

Aug 3, 2013 7:49 AM in response to asylumweb

I have the same problem here.. I started with an old MS2 Concert and everything loaded fine (except for my 32bit plugins of course).

I changed them all to new, working AU`s.

Next time i reloaded the concert (saved in MS3), all inputs all unassinged..

When I load the original MS2 concert (in MS3) , the inputs are all good, but after saving and reloading in MS3 they are gone.

Tried to export single patch and single set (in MS3), and import, but stil no input assignments...

Anyway I`m trying out MS3 on a gig tonight.. I still have MS2 (2.2.2 ,2.2.1 and 2.1.2) but I really want to see how it will treat me on stage haha 🙂 Maybe I`ll find some new bugs worth reporting :-P

Luckily it`s not THAT many in assigments for tonights gig so I`ll just assign them in soundcheck...

Hopefully Apple will fix it soon...

EDIT:

Forgot to mention I also use a Motu interface.. I have the UltraliteMK3, and I guess they have the "same" drivers..!? Could it be a Motu problem?

Mainstage 3 forgetting audio inputs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.