Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to guest network?

I have a time capsule bought new 2013- Feb. It is connected to my British Telecom home router across ethernet via D-Link Powerline AV500. The Time Capsule is set up with a guest network but I cannot connect. It is set in Bridge mode as I have seen mentioned in other posts.

Should this set up work? If so What can I do to make it work? It seems incredible that it exists, but is so difficult to set up in an Apple device. (I'm an Apple beginner)

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 12:09 AM

You cannot use guest network in the TC when it is in bridge mode..

Although in the latest airport utility Apple did try and trick us by showing it as if you can.. actually it doesn't work.

The TC has to be the main router of the network to have guest wireless.

If your BT home router has wireless use that for guest network access.

If that is also not available buy a cheap as chips AP unit.. eg cheapest TP-Link you can buy and plug that in to the TC and use that for guest access.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2013 12:09 AM in response to AlwSmith

You cannot use guest network in the TC when it is in bridge mode..

Although in the latest airport utility Apple did try and trick us by showing it as if you can.. actually it doesn't work.

The TC has to be the main router of the network to have guest wireless.

If your BT home router has wireless use that for guest network access.

If that is also not available buy a cheap as chips AP unit.. eg cheapest TP-Link you can buy and plug that in to the TC and use that for guest access.

Can't connect to guest network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.