Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I add a voice memo clip to imovie

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 3:20 AM

Provided the voice memo is in a supported audio format, you should be able to drag it from its saved location to the project timeline in iMovie. Drag it directly on top of a video clip. As you drop it, the audio will appear below the video clip as a green (or possibly purple) coloured bar. You can drag the green bar back and forth to adjust its position in the timeline.

It's probably best to firstly import the voice memo file into iTunes, then drag the file from the Music Browser in iMovie to the project timeline, as described above.

You can also record voiceovers directly from within iMovie. Here is a link to the iMovie Help topic regarding voiceovers:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/#mov3b0fb060

John

Message was edited by: John Cogdell

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2013 3:20 AM in response to chefraw

Provided the voice memo is in a supported audio format, you should be able to drag it from its saved location to the project timeline in iMovie. Drag it directly on top of a video clip. As you drop it, the audio will appear below the video clip as a green (or possibly purple) coloured bar. You can drag the green bar back and forth to adjust its position in the timeline.

It's probably best to firstly import the voice memo file into iTunes, then drag the file from the Music Browser in iMovie to the project timeline, as described above.

You can also record voiceovers directly from within iMovie. Here is a link to the iMovie Help topic regarding voiceovers:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/#mov3b0fb060

John

Message was edited by: John Cogdell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.