Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't apple let people download the iOS 7 beta version today?

So today July 24,2013 I decided to upgrade to iOS 7

beta version when I came across to some of Apple's letter or something

It wouldn't let me download the iOS 7 firmware. It says something

about apple shutting down something.

iPod touch, Other OS, I am using an iOS 7

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 5:15 AM

iOS 7 is in beta and only available to developers.

I assume you are not a developer because you are unaware of the issues with the Apple Developers portal.

Apple alerted all developers by email last week.

We can't help you here.

3 replies

Jul 24, 2013 5:26 AM in response to littleytf

It's only open to registered developers. THese are people that need to make their current apps work with iOS7, or people whose job it is to find and help Apple fix bugs.

SInce you are not a developer, installing iOS7 is the equivalent of jail breaking your device because you would be installing non-relased software.

Wait until you can legally update through iTunes later on this year.

Jul 24, 2013 6:13 AM in response to littleytf

Anyone can pay $99 to be a Developer and then download the iOS 7 beta. HOWEVER, note, you will have to sign a very restrictive NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), and Apple takes their NDA's very seriously.

You should also note, that there have been lots of "I installed iOS 7 and not my (your device here) does not work. Help!" posts. iOS 7 is beta because it is not ready for prime time. It can make your device non-functional. It can loose or corrupt your data. It should ONLY be used to test the environment with non-critical data so that any loss will not impact you.

But if that is the environment you would like to have, then go to the developer.apple.com web page and sign up to be a paid developer.

Why won't apple let people download the iOS 7 beta version today?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.