Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded Safari 5.1.9 and installed it on my macbook pro i cannot find it

Hi,

I downloaded safari 5.1.9 and installed to update my safari 5.02, when launched safari it still showed it was 5.02. I tried looking for what I installed and cannot fint it anywhere. All I have is files about safari. What I do not understand it went through the procedures of installing when finished it tells me installation was successful. Where do I look please.

Thank you

rachealfromva

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 8:01 AM

It should be in the main HD/Applications folder, along with Mail, App Store, Quicktime etc

6 replies

Jul 24, 2013 8:07 AM in response to rachealfromva

If you type safari using spotlight (top right corner magnifying glasses), it'll list all safari apps. Hold the command key on the keyboard and click the updated Safari if shown on spotlight search. It'll take you directly where the app is located (morethan likely in the Application folder). If it doesnt show on spotlight, you might have to run the .dmg file again to reinstall.

Jul 24, 2013 8:24 AM in response to ti9er

Hi,

I clicked on Spotlight found Safari, the other thing I id was go in System Preferences and clicked on Software Update and it showed all the software that is installed and all the updates. The one thing I am puzzled about is why when I click "About Safari" it shows 5.02 and yet all the updates are installed except 5.1.9 which appears to be there in Spotlight and in Software Update, very puzzling. By the way it is in applications, I was looking for an additional Safari. Am I correct in assuming it has been updating but not changing "About Safari.

Very puzzling an on this note my many, many thanks to all you good people helping reprobates like me

THANK YOU

rachealfromva

I downloaded Safari 5.1.9 and installed it on my macbook pro i cannot find it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.