Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey guys, here's the deal: despite of the fact that I have all of the options at the Software Updated center all set up to perfectly receive updates notifications from Mac App Store, I'm not receiving none.

My system is Mountain Lion.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 10:58 AM

Could you clarify/explain what you set up and where? I didn't have to set up anything. The notifications just arrive.

14 replies

Jul 24, 2013 12:22 PM in response to Eric Root

I went to System Preferences > Software Update and checked all the first 3 checkboxes.

But I'm not receivig any update notifications from the Mac App Store. I have to manually go to the Updates part of the Mac App Store app and see if there's any update available.

I used to receive an alert that would show up on the upright corner saying that "New software is ready to be installed", but that suddenly stopped.

Jul 25, 2013 8:54 AM in response to Fialho

Try resetting the App Store application. Go to Applications/Utilities/Terminal, enter the command below, and then hit return. I suggest you copy and paste the command into Terminal.

defaults write com.apple.appstore ShowDebugMenu -bool true

Open the App Store application and the top menu bar should look like the screen shot below. One person had to open the App Store twice before the Debug menu appeared.

User uploaded file

Under the debug menu, select Reset Application.

User uploaded file

Apr 2, 2015 6:49 PM in response to Eric Root

Mr Root, I have tried all that you suggested above, but it does not seem to be working for me. My iMac will not check for updates nor install them when on my main screen name. When I switch to another screen name, one that is not an administrator, then I see the updates being completed in the background as they should. Those screen names are not used very often though. I have reset the App Store and attempted to have Spotlight reindex, but I am not sure either actually completed. Is there anything else you could recommend?

Hey guys, here's the deal: despite of the fact that I have all of the options at the Software Updated center all set up to perfectly receive updates notifications from Mac App Store, I'm not receiving none.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.