Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 7 year pls has forgotten her passcode for her iPod touch. I have put it into recovery and through iTunes tried to restore. But it will only let me also try to update it with iOS 6.1.3 which no longer allows the bypass of the passcode. Can anyone help?

My 7 year old has a passcode on her iPod touch. She forgot it, after multiple attempts at what it could have been, it comes up with disabled etc.....I have tried it in recovery and hooking it up to iTunes (which the device has been previously synced up to) to restore. But the problem I am having is it only gives me the option to update also, to iOS 6.1.3 with the new bug fix which it won't allow you to bypass the passcode. It gets a little into the downloading, turns the iPod on and then asks for the passcode to continue?! I am at a loss as to what to do now, as every forum says put it in recovery and restore. I can't use the 'find my iPhone' app as the iPod is offline. I've tried it on a laptop not prev synced up to and get the same problem. Has any one got any ideas!

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 11:10 AM

Try disabling the computer's antivirus and firewall.

- Next try the manual install method of:

iDevice Troubleshooting 101 :: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch

Place the iPod in recovery mode after the firmware download is complete and then restore using the instructions in the article. Sometimes recovery mode timeouts and returns to disabled before the firmware download is complete.

- Then try on another computer

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2013 11:10 AM in response to Dirrtypaws

Try disabling the computer's antivirus and firewall.

- Next try the manual install method of:

iDevice Troubleshooting 101 :: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch

Place the iPod in recovery mode after the firmware download is complete and then restore using the instructions in the article. Sometimes recovery mode timeouts and returns to disabled before the firmware download is complete.

- Then try on another computer

My 7 year pls has forgotten her passcode for her iPod touch. I have put it into recovery and through iTunes tried to restore. But it will only let me also try to update it with iOS 6.1.3 which no longer allows the bypass of the passcode. Can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.