Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find Garageband

Hi, I purchased a new 27" iMac a few months ago. I usually do video work, and now I've decided to try to write some of my own songs to accompany my videos. I expected to use Garageband, but I can't find it. I've searched and the only things that come up are "getting started" and other similar items. I thought is was part of the software that came with my new unit. Do I need to do something to activate it?

cheers,

Jack

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 3:50 PM

5 replies

Jul 24, 2013 4:04 PM in response to nyjack1953

If you have iPhoto and iMovie you should have GarageBand. Did you do a spotlight search as suggested by Marat?

Did you check the Mac App Store under purchased as I suggested. If you registered your system with your Apple ID you should be able to download it again if spotlight can't find it.

You can certainly reinstall from the disc but I would look for it first. It will be a newer version then your disc.

Can't find Garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.