Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal got deleted when I turned off iCloud on my iMac...

... also never get On My Mac shoeing in icloud calendars and I wnt my local iCal back not on iCloud? A real Mess it not only deleted my calendars which I was willing to live with it deleted the program iCal form my iWorks folder. Frustrated with apple after converting three years ago. Any help appreciated

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), duplex printers imac, macbook pro

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 6:59 PM

1 reply

Jul 24, 2013 7:49 PM in response to FrogMN60

The easiest thing to do is go to System Preferences>iCloud, sign back into your iCloud account and check Calendars & Reminders. This will cause your iCloud calendar(s) to reappear on your Mac. Then open iCal and do the following:

1. Click the Calendars button to show the Calendar list, if it is not already displayed.
  2. Select one of the calendars in the Calendar list.
  3. Choose File>Export>Export.
  4. Save the file to your desktop.
  5. Repeat for each of your calendars.
  6. Go to System Preferences>iCloud and click Sign Out to delete the iCloud calendar(s) from your Mac again.
  7. In iCal, go to File>Import>Import and navigate to the calendar backup file on your desktop to import it to iCal.
  8. Repeat for each of your backed up calendars.

iCal got deleted when I turned off iCloud on my iMac...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.