Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp will not recognize iso image

Trying to creat a partition and install Windows 7 on my Mac Book Pro. When I begin the Boot Camp process, it asks me to choose the ISO image file location. However, when I locate the ISO file, it will not recognize it or allow my to click it. I have moved the file from my USB hard drive to the Mac desktop and it still will not recognize it.

Could there be a problem with my ISO file format?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), System is OS X 10.8.3

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 5:40 PM

4 replies

Sep 27, 2015 9:26 PM in response to zmartin316

Faced both widely reported problems -

- iso file not recognized by BC Asst.

- BC Asst. gets stuck copying files

Here's what I found and successfully installed Win 10 on MB Pro early 2015

- Forget the iso from MS website

- instead make the USB installation media from MS website

- Use Disk Utils in Mac to create image .cdr from the USB installation media and rename to .iso. This iso file will be recognized by BC Asst.

- Use BC step 1 to create bootable USB stick. When it gets stuck, wait for about half an hour and stop the process.

- Now compare the contents of the iso file and the USB stick. If same, fine, use the stick to install Windows using steps 2 & 3 of BC Asst.. If they are not the same, never mind. BC Asst. has already made the stick bootable. Just manually copy all the files from the iso to the stick and proceed for installation with steps 2 & 3 of BC Asst.

- Once the 2 problems are overcome, installation is a breeze using BC Asst. steps 2 & 3.

Spent many frustrating hours. Wonder why Apple is not doing anything to sort out these obvious issues with BC Asst. I'm sure they can sell lot more Macs if Windows can be easily installed.

Hope this helps everyone else with the same issues........

Windows 10 runs like a champ on my MB Pro. Lightning fast. Very fast bootup. Edge browser is a treat to use........ MS has a winner here for sure.

Boot Camp will not recognize iso image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.