Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is number of songs in Music folder

I want to know the number of songs in my ITunes Music folder. I have ITunes version 11.0.4(4).

A previous version of ITunes used to list the number of songs in the Music folder. It would be listed in the top left of that folder. My newer version of ITunes does not do that. It does, however, list the number of songs in each playlist, in the top left of the playlist. But not of the music folder.

The Music folder is the first folder under Library in the top left of ITunes. I click on it to open it up. But it does not list the number of songs in the folder.

I have the latest version of OS Mountain Lion, version 10.8.4

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), iPhoto 8.1.2 (424)

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 7:24 PM

Click View >> Show Status Bar. It will list them at the bottom.

2 replies

Jul 24, 2013 7:34 PM in response to Imp68

You're right. Thanks.

It shows total # of songs on the gray horizontal bar on the very bottom, below the last song in ITunes. It also shows how many GBs were used and total time.

I still wonder why it doesn't list it automatically as the previous version of ITunes did. (The previous version showed the total number of songs in the music folder on the top left of the Music folder, when you open up that folder. This is the same as it does with playlists, both before and with the current version).

what is number of songs in Music folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.