Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I installed MS3 and I noticed a high CPU consumption!!!

I installed MS3 and I noticed a high CPU consumption.

I did a complete Full re-install process....OSX, MS3 and Logic Pro and the problem perciste.

As a test, I used only the MS3 (no external audio card) and using the default setup for keyboard (Quick Setup => Keyboard) the CPU consumption is 160%.

I use a Macbook Pro (2011), I5, 8 Gb Ram, 480 SSD, 10.8.4 with Logic Pro 9 installed.

I read a lot of articles, I´ve tried different, but nothing resolve....anybody have a suggestion?

Really thanks

Rubens

MainStage, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 4:58 AM

10 replies

Jul 25, 2013 2:50 PM in response to rs.felicio

Some additional information - images shot on the same conditions

1 - Using the standard patch (Quick Setup => Keyboard) - CPU = 150%

User uploaded file

2 - I opened an old patch (Created for MS2), there are a lot off instruments, and a Kontakt AU - CPU = 21%

User uploaded file

3 - Created a new file, only one Electric Piano (but using the new controls / engine) - CPU = 26%

User uploaded file

4 - Last test....other new file with only a new organ patch - CPU = 60%

User uploaded file

Jul 26, 2013 2:53 AM in response to Blueberry

Really thanks for your support.

The biggest problem is related to all performance for my Mac....the temperature are 95 degrees celsius and because this in some moment the sound drops, or the time to change the performances / instruments is slow.

A curiosity....this CPU usage for the standard patch (Quick Setup => Keyboard) is common? Maybe this is normal!!!

Thanks again!!!

Jul 28, 2013 4:44 PM in response to rs.felicio

I too noticed the CPU meter all over the place using MS3.

BUT...

I just did a several gigs this weekend using many of the same plugins I've always used and noticed no dropouts or sluggishness, regardless of what the CPU meter reads. Maybe it's just some kind of anomoly.

I was using several instances of Omnisphere (a well known CPU, disk and memory hog), VB3 through MetaPlugin and jBridgeM (just to be able to use the 32-bit plugin without crashes) and Addictive Keys for the grand piano.

All good.

Aug 12, 2013 2:53 AM in response to rs.felicio

I am experiencing all sorts of illogical CPU peaks. Playing a Mainstage Vintage piano patch without any effects can cause the peaks. This happens if I am using Omisphere, any patch in Kontak, Truepianos. When I was using version 2, I knew that by limiting and careful choice I could still use 2 or 3 patches of the AUs I have mentioned. Now, it just seems anything can trigger peaks. Thankfully, I only experience a quick drop out. The metronome continues to keep time and I don't experience sudden latency as I would with 2 when it hits the peaks. With audio drop outs, people tend to look for the sound man. Ha.

Regardless, it is still a problem I would like resolved.

Aug 19, 2013 6:36 AM in response to rs.felicio

I found using Space Designer on a Aux channel strip and just routing audio from individual channels (via aux send) as required seemed to be the only way my laptop handles the CPU usage (2.66 core 2 duo), pitty because it would be nice to be able to run at least a few different reverbs at the same time.

I also noticed from your earlier screen shots you have Google Drive / Dropbox / Skydrive running, if your needing to save some more power you could also quit those things, and I know their only small amounts but every bit helps.

I installed MS3 and I noticed a high CPU consumption!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.