Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove sync icon in the menubar?

Hi,

I've seen posts about this before, but this is slightly different. Ever since I've been using Google Contacts / Calendar (which I have to use right now), this sync item in my menubar doesn't provide the option for me to remove it. I initially thought it might be related to MobileMe and/or iSync, but I think it must be related to some of the Google sync services.

I've tried to command-click to drag it out and delete, but I'm only able to drag it around and re-position it within the menubar.

Here's a screen shot...

User uploaded file

When I click on it, I get the option to "Sync Now"...

User uploaded file

And when I alt-click on it, I get these options...

User uploaded file

None of them prove me with a settings panel (or similar) where I can deselect the usual "Show [function] in menubar" check box.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 7:43 AM

9 replies

Jul 25, 2013 8:05 AM in response to Liam Dillon

Just a thought:

Address Book > Preferences > Accounts > On My Mac

Then uncheck "Sync With Google"

if not so easy:

Command drag will work for System menu items to the right of the bar, not so much third party unfortunately.

------------------------------------------------------

I suspect at this point a corrupt plist ,try deleting com.apple.systemuiserver.plist

found here by using Finder>Go>Go to Folder (command shift G):

copy and paste:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systemuiserver.plist

delete this plist.

now open terminal (Applications/Utilities/terminal.app) and paste the command:

killall SystemUIServer

and return.

This command will kill the process and MacOS X will automatically rebuild the menu bar, clearing out old cache. Quit Terminal.

How do I remove sync icon in the menubar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.