Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MagSafe of MBP not charging sometimes - Does that happen often ?

So I have an early 2011 edition of the MBP 13 inch. The MagSafe sometimes doesnt charge my laptop and I have to keep on adjusting the point of contact to make sure that the orange light works. A few problems that I face are :

Sometimes the light remains green. (I checked its not even close to 100%)

Sometimes a very faint green light comes.

And many times it never charges. For that I have to keep the magsafe out of the plugpoint for 15-20 mins and then hope that it charges.

Also I rememeber, initially when this happened, I thought my Magsafe was malfunctioning and I bought a new one. But then I tried the old one after two days and it worked perfectly well. Hahah! Anyways, Do you guys face the same problem as well ?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 6:20 AM

4 replies

Jul 25, 2013 6:23 AM in response to belikethat

I haven't got a MacBook, but it's not a common issue. I think it's a problem related to the battery or the MagSafe port, because it doesn't look like the charger is the problem.

As that's an important problem, I recommend you to take it to an Apple Store or reseller and see what the problem is. Anyway, if the problem is related to the MagSafe port, maybe the logic board has to be replaced

Jul 25, 2013 6:32 AM in response to belikethat

You having purchased a new power adapter suggests the problem is with the MBP. Check the connection in the MBP and clean it. If that corrects the problem, good. On few occasions I too have to wiggle the connector but not a lot. The symptoms you describe are far worse than what I deal with.

Do any of the contacts appear discolored? If so, that is a bad sign.

If no success, follow mende1s advice and go to a repair a repair facility.

Ciao.

MagSafe of MBP not charging sometimes - Does that happen often ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.