Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail: Clearing flag doesn't actually clear

Hey guys,

So I've been using the colored flags in Mail pretty religiously, but I'm having a nagging issue.

When in my Inbox view (without any flag category selected), I have no problems flagging a message and it showing up as flagged both in the Inbox and in the flag category.

But, if I clear the flag, the flag disappears only in my Inbox but not in the flag category. If I select the flag category the message is still there and the flag is still attached to it. Every time I want to clear a flag, I have to click the category and unflag it from there.

This ends up being a bit annoying as I mostly reply to messages from the Inbox view. Any suggestions?

Using 10.8.4

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 9:44 AM

6 replies

May 25, 2015 8:42 PM in response to Aminabot

hold option + right click on the items, select clear flag [x]
If you have your items flag clear but still appear in the flag category, try option + right click to mark with flag again, then hold option + right click on the items, select clear flag [x]

After that, (if your items still appear in your flag category) select the items (the emails) from your flag category, right click on the selected items, select move to, then select the original inbox where the emails were supposed to be in.

Mail: Clearing flag doesn't actually clear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.