Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iphone 5 play all of my itunes songs without wifi access?

I have 2910 songs on my itunes but there are only 160 showing as being available when I am in an area without wifi access. I pay a monthly wireless charge for internet and I am subscribed to icloud and use itunes match so I don't understand why I have to have wifi access to hear all of my music. I'm sure that I'm missing something simple because the described problem is happening with both my iphone 5 and with my ipad. Thanks for any help.

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 9:18 AM

7 replies

Jul 25, 2013 9:59 AM in response to vbhog

Once your music is in iCloud, you can play it from any of your devices. Just browse the complete list of all your music stored in the cloud and tap to play to it. You can store up to 25,000 songs in iCloud (more if songs are purchased from the iTunes Store), but only what you play or download is stored on your device. Tap the iCloud download button to download music from an artist, album, or playlist. So you have immediate access to a huge music library without having to worry about the storage space on your device.

Could this be the issue? Perhaps you haven't played or downloaded in iCloud in order to have it stored on your device.

Oct 6, 2015 12:19 PM in response to TeeKnows

Ok, I bought 3000 songs to be ON MY iPHONE, not IN THE CLOUD. How do I get them downloaded ONTO my iPhone so I can play them anywhere, in the car, through a PA or stereo, wherever? I just upgraded from iPhone 4 to 6S. Didn't have an issue with the 4, don't know if it was on " use cellure data". Won't that cost me download data to play from icloud?

Jan 29, 2016 5:55 AM in response to m1allred

FINALLY!

Someone who understands my problem!

Why does Apple have to control everything? They say it is "helping" us, or it increases "ease of use".

Apple has become what they originally were fighting against-- a Goliath corporation controlling as much technology as possible.

Any Davids out there willing to go up against them?

Why won't my iphone 5 play all of my itunes songs without wifi access?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.