Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S "Other" category taking up 7.5 gbs

What are methods for reducing the space taken up by the other category? I deleted a ton of pictures, apps, and text messages, but the "Other" went up from 6.5 to 7.5 gigabytes. I'd rather not restore my phone; I've had to do that 3 times in the past year for this same reason. Are there any other ways to free up more space?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 12:20 PM

8 replies

Jul 25, 2013 6:12 PM in response to jewalker

Do you use file sharing or downloading apps like the idownloader or song downloads or video downloads and saving app or YouTube offline player or document apps like PDF pro, because these apps shown under the apps section of iPhone when you connect it to iTunes and you have an option of saving the files on these apps to a place in computer. These apps tend to contain all the matter that you must've downloaded for viewing so please try and delete all data under each of these apps either through iTunes or your phone.

Sep 3, 2013 9:20 AM in response to jewalker

Yesterday I was around 6GB of other, I am now at 2.4GB of Other. All I did was delete all my old IMessages and Viber messages, some of these old messages were holding sizable video's I had sent to friends and family, so I guess they were taking up a significant space in other.

I too had gone down the deleting apps route and minimising music but the above reduced the other significantly.

In Viber you can edit and delete the communications trail and keep the contact IE where you have created a distribution list and dont want to remove your participation.

iPhone 4S "Other" category taking up 7.5 gbs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.