Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to buy FaceTime for my husband's computer, a MacBook Pro. The site keeps sending me around in circles.

I am unable to buy FaceTime for my husband's computer, a MacBook Pro. The Mac App Store keeps sending me around in circles.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 12:24 PM

36 replies

Jul 25, 2013 12:48 PM in response to Axeman1020

I google FaceTime for MacBook Pro. I go to an Apple website that is advertising FaceTime for MacBook Pro. At the bottom is a button labeled "Buy Now." I press the button, and I go to a site that tells me all about FaceTime but has no "Buy" label. All that I can press for some action is a button that say "View in Mac App Store." That takes me to choices for the iPhone and the iPad, but not MacBook Pro.

Jul 25, 2013 1:13 PM in response to MargoEdelfelt

You husband should have Mac App Store if he is running 10.6.8.

Do you not see Mac App Store?

Make sure he has all his updates.

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

Log into Mac App Store on you computer with your husband's Apple ID, purchase FaceTime, after it downloads retrieve it form Applications and copy it to the Applications folder on his computer.

I am unable to buy FaceTime for my husband's computer, a MacBook Pro. The site keeps sending me around in circles.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.