Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Devices not properly communicating with Airport Extreme

Hi,

I am writing this question very befuddled, since I have tried nearly every conceivable solution to fix this problem. I believe the problem lies with my devices not communicating properly with my aiprort extreme. First, let me say that I am subscribed for 25+ MBPS through Comcast. So when I try using my Netgear router on the default settings, all of my devices work fine; I do a speed test and the speed is where it should be at 25 MBPS+ on all of my devices. However, when I use my airport extreme, my speeds or even signals are sporratic. For instance, my Macbook Pro has a speed of about 25 MBPS but my iPhone can't even do the speed test because it registers no ping, and when it does occasionally make it past the ping section, it will only register 6 or less MBPS. This is so after "forgetting the network" and logging back into it. My iPad Mini does the same, but only a little better. I never experience any of these problems with my 40$ Netgear router. I would be content just to keep using my Netgear router, but when one pays 180$ for an Apple Router, they would like to use it. Also, this is my second Airport Extreme. I mean that I exchanged the first one with Apple for another one, so it is very unlikely that I got 2 bad Airport Extremes.

Thanks for your help,

Stephen

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Gen), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 12:58 AM

Hey, you should check this out... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5194665%2322572350

2 replies

Devices not properly communicating with Airport Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.